Monday, March 8, 2010

Watercolor and Baby Wipes

 Here's an art project that makes a mess, but you can't mess it up. This project is from Artist Trading Card Workshop: Create, Collect, Swap.  Look at the Books I'm Using section to find out more. 


This technique involves taking baby wipes (I used the unscented kind) placing them on card stock or some other paper on top of palette paper. Then sprinkle it with different colors of Liquid Watercolor. As you can see in the photo below I used Yellow, Green, Red and Blue. 



When the wipes dry, they the look and feel like a felt cloth. The cardstock I used also makes a great background. 


The biggest problem I had was that if I tipped the bottle slightly, a lot of color would run down the side of the bottle. If I tip it too far the liquid comes out to fast, but it leaks down the side of the bottle less. I'm sure like many things in life; there is a trick to it. If any of you know what it is please share. 


Next time I do this, I going to use an eyedropper. Hopefully I will get a different effect.
I think the wipe's cute little elephant design adds to the whole effect. If you don't like it just flip it over then its barely noticeable.



My next adventure will be trying using my new heat tool and embossing powder.

Of course my husband and son had to try it out first, but not in the way you might expect.

Happy Creating!


Photobucket
 

 
Luna Charms

No comments:

Post a Comment