Saturday, March 6, 2010

How NOT to Do an Image Transfer with Gesso


A couple of weeks ago I got out my copy of Image Transfer Workshop: Mixed-Media Techniques for Successful Transfers. The directions seemed very straight forward. It said to use a medium coating of gesso. As you will see in the following photos, my idea of a medium coating and the author's were to totally different things.



This was supposed to be an ink jet image transfer of a pug and a wolf.





I didn't notice until I did this that the wolf eyes look weird because he's squinting in the snow.


 

The author had stated in the directions that if it was too thick the image might stick and not transfer well. Well I got that part right. LOL


This is a great book, so I know that I'm the one who did it wrong. Check out this book along with the other two books I'm using on the bottom left of the page.


I love Altered Art even when I mess it up its fun! Let me know about your adventures in learning art techniques. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment